From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pickin With My Honey

It is one of those weekends where my wonderful in-laws have taken the kids to spoil them rotten and my husband and I have some time to ourselves. We enjoyed a fire with some wine, a show at the Strand-Capital, a drive in the country...and yes, I did drag him to two thrift store...I know, I know, not romantic.

My husband is not a natural picker, but he will tolerate it, especially if there is a chance of stray stereo equipment - for about two-minutes, then he's done. This weekend, though, he was the winner, not of stereo equipment, but more practical things like a rolling garment bag he needs for his business travels and a winter vest for when he's doing manly things like chopping wood and shoveling the driveway. He was happy.

Me, only mildly so. I am ready for spring and yard sales and garage sales, thrift stores are not yielding the treasures I would like. I did find two things I bought to put in my etsy.com shop, a bun warmer - I know, bun warmer? it appealed to me, what can I say -- and a little blue bag.







Although no great deals were discovered on our search, I did enjoy a few hours having my husband all to myself as we searched the dusty shelves and corners of the shops. I take my treasures where I can find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment