From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Monday, January 24, 2011

Goodwill Hunting

Saturday was a family hunt at the local Goodwill stores...I know, you can probably think of a few other things your family would like to do on a Saturday morning. But, one member of my family, my sister-in-law Corey, works for Goodwill Inc and once a year she gets 50% off coupons she is good enough to share with us.

So Corey, her sister, my boys (who thought they might find something really great they had to have, their allowance burning a hole in their pockets), my husband (who is convinced one day he'll come across an Eames chair and a McIntosh stereo system lying around the housewares department) and I loaded into the Suburban and made the rounds of the local Goodwill stores.

The stores were crowded - other employees taking advantage of the discount -- and the shelves did not yeild any great treasures (certainly no Eames chairs lurking in a forgotten corner), but I did find some nice mid-century china...
And my son, Will, spotted a 1960's globe, so he bought it and I put it in the etsy shop for him.

And my oldest son, Evan, found this great vintage glass decanter and bought it for me to put in the shop as well - they will probably both make more money than me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment