From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

De-stashing

I learned a new word today..."de-stashing."

As I understand it, de-stashing is the act of going through your stash of leftover art and craft supplies - the remnants of your creative frenzy, as it were -- and offering them up for other artists and crafters to use in their own creations. Like when someone who makes stained glass windows offers up the smaller glass pieces that are left, and someone who makes mosaics or jewelry buys them to use in their own work.

It can als0 mean offering up any extra supplies you don't want anymore - like, some extra lampwork beads you made that are laying around after you finish that necklace.
No waste. Win, win. Love when that happens.

So after I learned what it was, I decided to try it out myself.I use small pieces of illustrations from damaged, vintage children's books in some of my jewelry making. I use only a small part of the book, so there is an alarming pile of them growing around my craft table. So to, hopefully, get the other great illustrations in these books out into the world for any artist or crafter that might want them in their own artwork or collage, I went through them and pulled out the best pages and have added them to my etsy shop.
I get excited about not wasting things... reusing, upcycling, repurposing...now de-stashing...yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment