From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Appreciation for and Old Art

I never thought much about embroidery before. It was something my grandmother had done occasionally, a few framed pieces from an antique store hung in my aunt's house, and I would see them from time to time at yard sales...just things around.

Lately, I have started to notice them more, not all, but a few nice pieces, and they are really quite pretty. The one above was part of a set of two matching framed embroidery that caught my eye at a sale at a retirement home. I liked them so much I almost hung them in my bedroom instead of putting them in my etsy shop...but I was good and added them to my inventory, and sold them fairly quickly.

A few weeks ago I came across this one at a Thrift store and thought it was so cute. Love the color and the little blue bird.
And this one I bought at a Salvation Army this week.

I think I'm going to need an embroidered bird intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment