From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Office

I had to laugh yesterday as I poked around one of my favorite thrift stores while I talked to my husband on the cellphone, he was speaking to me from his nice office in a glass and marble building...I was not. I was moving dusty nick nacks around on a metal shelf and avoiding tripping over a Formica-topped table and plaid covered couch.

I, too, once had a nice office - back before the dinosaurs, and two little baby boys -- it had a door and a window and everything. I reminisced on this as I looked around, and I had to smile at the strange twists and turns in life, choices made, some made for you, priorities changing, and for me, my journey at the moment bringing me to places where people discard the debris of their lives. I sort through it to see if there is anything someone else might like to have; quite a different vocation from the one I had envisioned for myself all those years ago sitting at my desk and looking out my office window.

Yet, this is not a tale of woe. I am actually excited when I wake up in the morning and think how I can arrange my day to fit in a trip to a thrift store, yard sale or auction. Or plan a few hours to photograph whatever I found the day before and add it to my etsy shop.

So for now, this is my office....

No comments:

Post a Comment