From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Friday, January 21, 2011

Etsy Community

I love the etsy.com community, and that is weirdly what it feels like sometimes. Even though you rarely meet the people you are selling with, buying from or selling too (I did meet one woman who bought a tea-pot from me and lives in the same county, so we met at a Starbucks - that's why I say "rarely"), yet connections are made on-line.

I've had other sellers on etsy contact me to ask me to look out for certain things when I'm at yard sales and thrift stores, so they can buy them from me to use in their own creations.

A writer for In-Style Magazine's on-line zine noticed a brooch I made and had in my etsy shop, she ended up including it in an article (see link to the right) she was doing on how brooches are coming back into style.

And now, a fellow etsy seller who has a great shop - http://www.etsy.com/shop/blimpcat
has included this retro-clock I have on my site in her current blog about decorating and designing with vintage items...
http://www.blimpcat.blogspot.com/
It really is fun watching where things you either found in a garage sale, or you created in your craft room, will end up in this cyber-world of etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment