From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wimp

Today was another Tuesday at Wehrly's Auction and I met my Aunt Joan and Uncle Dennis for an hour of eating homemade ham and bean soup and poking through all the stuff up for bid.

The soup and company were great, and I had a blast helping Joan, an artist, look for interesting things for her art work...see the picture below of a collection of dolls parts that prompted Joan to take out her camera - and the other auction goers to stare at the two crazy ladies laughing and taking pictures of broken dolls.

I also had fun looking for something a little unusual to put here on the blog...please see the very scared looking Easter Bunny picture below. Why so scared, Easter Bunny?
















But even though I found some cool things I would have liked to bid on, I didn't register for a number so I could participate in the auction. I could use the excuse that I was pressed for time and had to run Joan and Dennis home, but I really just wimped out.

There is something intimidating about the whole process and I want to observe how it all works one more time before I jump in and start waving my number around...and if that makes me a wimp, than so be it.

Next time I write about the auction I swear I will be showing you a picture of something I bought there...even if its something really silly, I'm going to bid!

No comments:

Post a Comment