From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chance Often Better Than a Plan

Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings I am a master strategist with the paper, craigslist and yardsale.com print outs spread out on the table. Three types of highlighters at my fingertips for circling different ads, one color for each day.

But for all my planning and strategizing, life often steps in to make it all irrelevant. This week it was my oldest son who had to go to the orthodontist on a Friday morning...Friday!...but it was OK, I had a plan for when he was done, I could just make it to York to a moving sale after I dropped him at school. And then he informed me he forgot his cafeteria money on the kitchen table, we had to go back home before school. OK, so I'll try to get to another sale a little later. We're almost at school...he forgot a paper for English class, we have to go back home again...ahhh!

But because of this, I ended up going through town a different way and came across a yard sale that hadn't been advertised. They were just setting up and we were one of the first people there, and there was some very cool stuff. One of the things was an old heavy metal "Ladies" Room sign from a garage - that sold in 2 hours after I put it on my etsy site, and paid for all the rest of the shopping I did all weekend. Yeah for forgotten papers!


This isn't the first time something like this has happened and I am starting to notice that if I just relax and let life take me where it wants to instead of trying to plan it to death, I end up exactly where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment