From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trader Joe's and Salvation Army Combo Pack

Wednesday mornings are fast becoming one of my favorites in the week. There is a Trader Joe's only a mile away from a Salvation Army Thrift Store that has 1/2 off on Wednesdays...can you say multi-tasking?

Once we'd packed the Suburban with exotic cereal, organic potato chips and recycled toilet paper, Beth, Linda and I arrived at Salvation Army a few minutes before the doors opened. We got in line with about twenty other people to prepare for the great stampede. Once we'd been carried by the wave of people into the store, I can't say there was a huge amount to get excited about.

But, I did find one thing that made me smile and I will put in my etsy shop, a vintage metal record stand. Linda found a great jewelry box...and Beth tolerated our psychosis of sorting through junk.

The best thing about the Thrift shop was that I did find several things to post here as some of the "strangest things I've seen today" pics - credit really going to Beth and Linda who found the best ones.

Today, I bring you the most bizarre puppet I have, without a doubt, ever seen in my life...scares me a little.


Then when we were leaving, we saw something really beautiful - right in the middle of a city parking lot, a gorgeous hawk sitting on a pole. Amazing where you'll see some of the most beautiful things, if you only stop a moment to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment