From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Stories

I didn't expect when I started selling vintage things on etsy.com that I would enjoy the stories and backgrounds about the items so much. Here's a couple of them...

A woman from New Jersey wrote me a really nice note about how happy she was to find this squirrel cookie jar for her sister. It's the exact kind her sister had in her kitchen in the 70's, she loved it and it broke, and she could never find another to replace it...until now. I think the buyer is going to sneak it on her sister's counter when she's not looking and surprise her.

This vintage child's chair/ stool was bought by a woman who had an aging dog and wanted something cute for the end of their bed to help the dog get up...and her husband's name is Thomas, how perfect is that.


A woman in Finland saw this sewing box in my shop and fell in love with it so much, that she paid over twice for shipping than what she paid for the actual box. I was worried when she got it that she would regret her decision, but she wrote me a very nice note and said she couldn't be happier.

I get such a kick out of the fact that all these things were basically forgotten in someone's attic or garage only a very short while - sometimes only hours or days -- before someone else saw them on etsy and were thrilled to find them.
I feel like Match.com for stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment