From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wandering

I drove the boys to school this morning because we all forgot to set our alarms and jumped out of bed a little late. We missed the cut-off for dropping off at school without being considered tardy, so I had to fill out a form in the school office. I stared for a few moments at the line on the form that asked "reason for being late"...um, we're just dumb and forgot to set our alarms, should I write that?

As soon as the boys were groggily on their way to homeroom, I jumped in the suburban and headed to Red Lion where I'd seen a "multi-family yard sale" advertised on Craig's List. A half-hour later, I pulled onto a narrow street and found three yard sales in a row. The first made me particularly happy because the woman who was having it was still taking boxes out of her shed and said I could look through them if I wanted before she set them out. I love getting to be the first one to dig through a box - sometimes I wonder at the things that make me happy.

Once I was done there I just couldn't seem to give up the hunt and wandered the countryside for another hour. I didn't find any more yard sales, but I certainly saw a whole lot of beautiful views on a sunny fall morning. I found myself (see below) in the tiny town of Muddy Creek Forks and had to stop and take a picture to share it was so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment