From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Jewelry Side

I've mostly talked about the side of my shop that is about finding and selling vintage items, but there is another side I've neglected here, the jewelry side. Most of it I make using bits of illustrations from old children's books that are damaged beyond viability.

I make jewelry from either altering vintage pieces I find at yard sales and thrift shops, usually they have a plastic cabochon that's scratched or tired, I pop it out and replace it with a glass or resin cabochon that I've adhered a piece of an illustration.

Sometimes I buy findings from some of the fabulous suppliers here on etsy, like bracelets, necklaces or rings, and create jewelry that way with the old pictures.
These are some of the old books I work with - only books that are completely beyond-repair and one step away from the trash (sometimes already there).

And above them are some of the findings waiting for me to put illustrations in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment