From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wandering with Will

My youngest son Will asked to come out yard sale-ing with me Saturday morning, so we woke up at 6:45 on a Saturday which is no small feat for him -- see pictures of him on the blog about the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure morning, can you say zombie?

This summer both my sons came out yard sale-ing with me several times and if they find and buy something with their own money, I put it in the etsy.com shop for them and give them the money if it sells. They have both done pretty well and Will still holds the record for fastest thing we've ever sold on-line...silver owl-shaped salt and pepper shakers, sold in 5-hours.

Here is Will with his haul for the day.
Now that my kids are both teenagers, I really do cherish time that I get to spend with them one-on-one, especially when he asks me. We have fun together poking through things, enjoying the beautiful fall morning in some of the most rural parts of York County and meeting some interesting people...in short, sharing experiences together. I am all too aware, as I watch his eyes getting closer and closer to my own - seemingly overnight -- that his childhood is wizzing by at a dizzying rate, so if junking together is something we can share, than its another reason I'm happy to do it.
My favorite find for the day is a stool made from the wood of an antique milking stool and then altered sometime in the 60's with three metal legs.

Will's favorite was this toy tin top. Now its a race to see which one sells first!

No comments:

Post a Comment