From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fun Friday

Last Friday was one of my favorite days that comes but only four times a year, a fundraiser at a very nice retirement village called the "Treasure Sale"...and it usually is.

This time I was only able to run in the sale for about 45-minutes. Usually, the other blond, her mom, and anyone else that wants to hop in the van, spend a good two-hours there fighting the crowds and making sure no box has been left unexplored. Friday, however, the other blond had a dog emergency and I had an appointment in the afternoon.

So, as I checked my watch and made my way through the crowds of people, I wondered if it had been worth the fairly long drive down to get jostled around as I tried to sort through linens and poke around the housewares table.

I'm still not completely sure how to answer that question as I didn't find anything that blew me away as I have on past occasions - like the antique chenille bedspread, bright-blue mid century modern enameled casserole dish and 1970's green sewing basket -- but I managed to grab a few nice goodies to bring up to the retirees who tally your purchases by hand at check-out.

Here are a couple things I have added to my etsy.com shop from the Friday trip...




No comments:

Post a Comment