From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow...ice...no pickin' for me

We have had a heck of a winter. Seems like every other day there is snow or ice, and I have a confession, one that makes my winter-weary neighbors cringe...I love it.

I love how the weather keeps you close to home, slippery roads making you not want to run around like a crazy person to all the places we seem to endlessly need to run around to like a crazy person. Fires in the fireplace, snow men in the front yard...bring it on.

The only thing that has been a little bit of a drag is the lack of places to pick or ability to get to the thrift stores, and even the post office to mail off the goodies people have bought in my etsy shop.
The brighter side is that I have used the time to do more jewelry making, and that part of my shop has become more active. Here is a piece that just sold yesterday...
And I just bought a baggie full of broken watches...bet you never heard someone excited about that before...and I plan on sitting in front of my fire again this afternoon taking them apart and using the pieces to make some Steam Punk jewelry. Here's one I made with some watch parts that also sold fairly quickly in my etsy.com shop...So I will count the days to spring as I stare out at the snow, waiting for the thaw...and yard sale signs to blossom on telephone poles, steering the two blonds in the van to picking once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment