From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Just Me and My Boys

Yesterday morning my two sons woke up on a Saturday that they could have slept in to go find a church sale with me...aww, their little picker instincts are already embedded in their DNA.

The good part of the day was the gorgeous drive through the countryside, it led us to a little town just on the west side of the Susquehanna river. When we arrived we found there was not only a church charity sale, but it was a town wide yard sale, as well.

Plus, a Bricker's Fries truck had come for the occasion and was parked on Main Street, so the boys couldn't have cared less about anything else - they would have made the trip just for a breakfast of greasy fries.

In the end, we had to be content with enjoying a beautiful May morning, and for me, the company of my teenage sons, but not much in the way of finding things for my etsy.com shop. I have never walked to so many yard sales within such a small area and found so little.I literally found one thing in the entire town to put on etsy. Although it is a pretty cute thing, this mushroom soup tureen from the 70's.

The boys, however, were excited to find an inflatable boat still in the box for $1. So as a reward for being troopers and walking around this town full of cra...stuff we really didn't want...I took them and a friend to a park nearby with a creek. They spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the water with their new boat while I sat on a blanket (incidentally, found at a yard sale the week before) and read a book I had also bought that day. So our yard sale finds may not have been good money makers, but for about $1.75, they helped create a priceless day nonetheless.


twoblondsandavan.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment