From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Two Blonds and Several Brunettes

It doesn't get much better than this morning...70 degrees, sunny, a church sale on the horizon and the Suburban filled with some of my favorite people...ahhh.

The free community newspaper gave us the heads-up on a church fundraiser in the lovely area of Seven Valleys on this Thursday morning. So, I picked up Linda and her mom Lee, and then headed to my aunt Joan's to pick her and her daughter Gail (my most awesome of cousins) up too for the twenty-minute trip northward.

We arrived just as the doors were opening and the long, long line of our fellow pickers shuffled in to see what the church ladies were offering. The space was large, open and spread out in three areas. When I first walked in I got the same overwhelmed, and slightly confused, feeling I often get at these things. There are so many people and so many directions to go in, I become a little like a deer in headlights.

Eventually, I shook off the feeling and headed towards the jewelry section. I didn't find any jewelry and was beginning to despair that I'd find anything I wanted, when I looked under one of the tables - my heart got a little lighter. I saw this old GE Show-n-Tell player. I had one of these as a kid and loved it. Had to have it!
As I stood up with this find, I glanced up on a shelf in front of me and saw one of the coolest old metal, tub radios I've ever come across. I snagged the radio too and then worried I was spending $10 on only two items, and then I shook that feeling off too and headed for the check out.Once I'd paid for these bulky items, I deposited them in the Suburban and then headed back inside to see if there was anything else I had to have. I ran into Linda with a joyful look on her face, she'd found one of her favorite things, a vintage clown costume (everyone's got their thing).
Blonds and brunettes alike had a successful day at Grace United, as you can see from the back of the Suburban.











I reversed my trip and deposited everyone back at their homes with their treasures.

By 10:00 the Suburban was empty and I was home and putting my finds on etsy.com, hoping for another morning just exactly like this one in my near future.


twoblondsandavan.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment