From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mele and Me

Ever since I got my first jewelry box with the little ballerina that popped up when I was five, I've had a little thing for pretty jewelry boxes - and so do people who shop at etsy.com.

I have sold several vintage leather jewelry boxes, these two just in the last two-weeks.


Mele is one of the premiere makers of the elegant, leather jewelry box and a favorite of those who love the best of a vintage, so its one I keep my eye out for.

This morning, when I headed to my favorite thrift store, I just about jumped up and down in the middle of the aisle when I spotted a shelf with not one, not two, but four of these beauties, all in great condition.
It was kind of weird how I had the thought "I would like to find some nice vintage jewelry boxes, preferably Mele, and "poof" there they were...very The Secret. It was like I had a pickin' super-power.






I wish this super-power worked for everything...wish I had the winning lottery ticket..."poof."

I wish my house was permanently clean..."poof"...nope, still a cobweb in the corner of the ceiling and a glob of toothpaste in the sink. But I still have my Mele!

No comments:

Post a Comment