From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Grand Opening and a Little Panic

My Aunt Joan and I got an early start this morning to go to the grand opening of a new thrift store, we knew there would be a line - we weren't wrong.

Luckily it wasn't too terribly long and we waited about thirty-people back from the front door for twenty-minutes, having a lovely conversation with the woman behind us about gardening and flea markets. Not a bad way to pass a few minutes in the morning.

Then the magical moment came when the manager came out to address the crowd, a minister blessed the store and a red ribbon was cut, and then the crowd stampeded to see what cra...used items they had on their shelves.

Turns out not a tremendous amount. Joan didn't even leave with anything and I found just a few things, although I do like them. There is this pair of embroidered yellow birds. I sold another pair just like these a few months ago, hopefully I will again.

And this is just a plain old pretty cake pedestal.
Once the things I bought were photographed and put on-line in my etsy.com shop, my mind turned to the matter of opening a "for real" shop in our little town of New Freedom. Eeek! So excited, so scared, so excited, so scared.

Tomorrow Linda and I are going to put a deposit down on the rental property and the craziness will begin...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment