From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Where to Begin

Now that Linda and I have moved from "kinda sure" we want to open a used book/vintage/handmade store into "yes, let's do this" territory, I am feeling a little overwhelmed with where to begin.

I have written a list...ok, five...of what has to get done to start on the road to business ownership, and its a long one. Tax ID numbers, should we be a LLC or Inc. and how where do we even start on the paperwork we need to get approved by the town? Haven't even gotten into insurance and remodeling...ugh.

I'm going to try to take this one line item on our list....lists...at a time. First is to meet tomorrow with the guy from the township who steers us to the forms and committees needed to start the approval process. Fun times.

I am looking forward to the point when we dig into sheet rock, paint, shelves and inventory, this I have control over. Finding inventory and getting my hands dirty is my thing, committees and forms, not so much.

At least tomorrow morning I can check off the first item on our list...only twenty-eight more to go.

twoblondsandavan.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment