From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Saturday Morning in Delta

7:00 AM Saturday morning - drop off youngest son at the Boy Scout paper drive.

7:15 - Starbucks...coffee, oatmeal cookie.

7:30 - Jump in Aunt Joan's car and head to a little church on the outskirts of Delta, PA to a sale...yay!

I am a simple, simple person and there's not much I like better than a clear morning, cup of coffee and a drive through open countryside with my Aunt Joan headed for a country church sale.I have never been to this particular corner of south-eastern Pennsylvania before and found a town with a prosperous past - its main source of income was from mining slate -- beautiful Victorian style homes stand side-by-side down Main Street.

Since its hay-day, the mine has closed and a nuclear power plant moved in the next town over, so Delta is a little worn at the seams, but still has a charm and grace -- its past prosperity built on stone.

The church sale was pretty much a bust, only a few tables, but not a complete loss. I did find this cute old planter which sold only 15-minutes after I had it in my etsy.com shop to a woman in Maryland.

So it was not only an enjoyable morning, but a good one for the etsy shop, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment