From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The People of the Thrift Store Shelves

I have had a few blog entries highlighting the weird ceramic rabbits that seem to multiply on the thrift store shelves - I just have to, they're everywhere.

But on my last outing to the shops, I took note of how many strange little humanoid figures were adorning the shelves.


This one above caught my attention as there is a lamb around his or her (not sure) shoulders which usually implies a good and gentle being like a shepard...but this one was painted all red and devil-like...it is confusing me.
















I'm not sure if its the prominent nostrils, blond hair with black eye-brows (does she dye her hair already? So young) or that her hand is big white blob that disturbs me more.


Somebody bring this kid in from the cold, he's getting horrible frost-bite on his nose, cheeks and lips. Makes you want to light that candle he's holding just to warm him up.


















Love the hairdo on this guy, at least I think it's a guy, but he's wearing a dress - there is no judgment on the Thrift Store shelves.

So many weird little dudes at the second hand shop...well, someone has to keep the demented rabbits company.

No comments:

Post a Comment