From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Friday, November 5, 2010

Santas, Santas everywhere


Just like the retail stores, the thrift stores are gearing up for the holidays and putting out all their Christmas paraphernalia. I was struck today by the sheer volume of Santas on the shelves, I swear there were almost a hundred old St. Nicks staring back at me.

One even looked like he was getting goosed by one of the other elves.

I think my favorite grouping, though, must have been done by someone who'd never heard of King Arthur and Merlin the Wizard...he got shelved among the Kris Kringles...how embarrassing for such a famous wizard.

I was able to make my way through all the Santas to find a wonderful travel trunk, complete with drawers and a hanging rod on the other side and brass fittings, all for a little over $20...it was like Christmas had come early!

No comments:

Post a Comment