From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Perfect Saturday Morning

I feel a little bad...and strange...about saying this morning was about as perfect a Saturday morning as I could imagine. Bad, because I wasn't with my family - which would have made it more perfect -- and strange because I didn't picture the perfect morning as lying on a tropical beach or being served breakfast in bed.

But it was near perfect to me because it was an absolutely gorgeous fall morning and the other blond and I drove over hill-n-dale, the countryside spread out all around us, to find a little country church that was chock full of fantastic old stuff. Heaven.

After two trips to the car, Linda and I closed the doors on the van and went back in one more time, this time for the homemade pancake breakfast being served to raise money for the church. The conversations around us as neighbor met neighbor and teased each other about the things they bought and the things they donated for sale, was worth the trip in itself.Above is a picture of the things I found in this steepled treasured trove.

My favorite was this really big Santa head pitcher made in 1973 (it was etched on the bottom), such a cute vintage decoration for the holidays...and to pour your neighbor an eggnog.

No comments:

Post a Comment