From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Place Where I Live

I was born a Jersey girl, and there is a permanent part of my heart that will always be a Jersey girl. My birthplace reveals itself in my penchant to drive a little too fast, laugh a little too loud and wear my clothes a little too flashy...this can make you stand out a bit amongst your Pennsylvania Dutch neighbors here in Southern York County, PA, where slow, steady and understated are more the credo.

So, I get nostalgic for the place of my birth occasionally, and probably paint a rosier picture in my memory, forgetting the very good and real reasons we moved to Pennsylvania in the first place. But recently, I have discovered yet another fringe benefit of this journey I have embarked on to hunt down vintage items to sell...I am falling in love all over again with this place we have chosen to live. It is really and truly gorgeous, and I get to be out and about in its beauty on my hunt for stuff for my etsy.com shop.

I was so taken with the morning light on the turning leaves and the scenery around me last Thursday morning as I made my way to a yard sale, that I had to pull over and take a picture.


Then I came across this little one-room school house and had to take a picture of that too.


These sites are only about 12-miles from my home, where I enjoy a fairly suburban existence with food stores, Targets, Malls and friends a quick bike ride away for my kids, but look what is right around the corner.

Yes, Bruce Springsteen will always play on my radio, but there is a beauty and breathing room here I have come to cherish, more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment