From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Little of This and a Little of That

You always want to find that one great thing hiding among the cra...old things on the shelves of the thrift stores or the folding tables at someone's yard sale...and I have found a few, enough to make me keep going back looking for more.

One of my best finds was this super cool child's booster seat I found at a yard sale just on the other side of town. I bought it for $2 at 8:05AM and sold it for a whole lot more by 11:30 that morning to a man in Italy.

Or the set of three 1940's Pyrex bowls I found in perfect condition and bought for $3 and sold a few days later for $45 - maybe not a fortune, but enough to keep me hooked.

But the truth is, I end up making most of my sales on smaller items...twelve dollars here, ten dollars there...it adds up. Again, not a fortune, but enough to keep me going back like Pavlov's dog to yard sales and thrift stores scanning the cast-offs.

So while the single larger sale is great, and needed if you're going to stay in the black, it's the accumulation of smaller sales like this vintage Lefton planter shaped like a bowling ball I bought for a quarter and sold for $12.And the beat-up old suitcase I found at a church sale for a dollar and sold for $15 a week later...those are the sales that build up little by little in the old Pay Pal account like little nuts getting stored up for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment