From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Sunday, June 26, 2011

So International

Along with selling old stuff that appeals to people who like to buy old stuff in my etsy.com shop, I also make and sell jewelry (also made from old stuff) as well.

My favorite way to make jewelry is to re-purpose old pendants and necklaces, and create cabochons by cutting out pieces of old (damaged beyond repair) children's book illustrations or maps and atlases.

The last three pieces I sold were made by placing text from vintage books under glass cabochons and mounting them in findings from another etsy.com seller who sells jewelry-making supplies. This "go" ring is a favorite of mine and I'm very happy it is headed to a buyer in the mid-west.I enjoy creating jewelry from items that were once discarded and I really get a kick out of it when someone likes these creations enough to spend their hard-earned cash to buy them. And I get a double-kick out of it when it is someone from another country - I don't know why, just makes me feel all international and cool and stuff.

These two necklaces were just sent off to their new home in Nice, France.

And these two pendants I made from re-purposing vintage jewelry pieces and illustrations from an old "Four And Twenty Black Birds" children's book wended their way to Greece.And this brooch is currently adorning the lapel of someone's coat on the Isle of Kent in the UK.Now if I could just figure out how to package myself up and mail myself along with my jewelry to these wonderful places, I'd really be excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment