From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

400

Last night I had my 400th sale in my etsy.com shop...holy cow, I really didn't think when I started out that I'd see that number in the "sales" space.

I opened my "shop" on etsy July 8th of last year and my hope was to have at least 365 sales by July 8th of this year. A random goal, I know, but I like goals (and lists, but that's another thing) and it seemed like a clear-cut way to say "Hey, maybe I'm doing OK at this selling vintage things on-line thing if I can make a sale-a-day."

So I am excited that I passed that goal and now wonder what my sales number will be at the one-year mark.

The actual 400th sale was...ta daA Regal coffee maker from the 70's. Who would have thought this was going to be the big seller?

If I have learned anything over this last year, it is that I'm often wrong about what I think will sell quickly and what will linger in my "shop" for months without a buyer, or maybe won't sell at all.

I bought the Regal coffee maker at a Salvation Army last week, and although I thought it would probably sell eventually, I didn't think it would go before some other vintage appliances I've had for sale for months like this Stainless Steel blender...Why was the "Autumn Gold" coffee maker a quicker sale than the stainless steel blender? A mystery that I think I will still be pondering at my (fingers crossed) 800th sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment