From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Setting a Vintage Table

There really is something wrong with me. The other day I went shopping with friends and had a very nice day, but found myself uninterested in the merchandise at places I used to love, like the Pottery Barn and Pier One. I found myself picking up reproduction bowls, candle holders, glassware and plates, and not only being a little shocked at the prices, but staring at thirty of the same thing on the display - knowing there were even more exactly like them in the backroom.

They felt like fakes, impostors, and I couldn't help but wonder why I would want a fake when I have found so many unique, beautiful and quirky original vintage housewares at the thrift stores, yard sales and auction houses. And often for no more than the spare change in my pocket.

So for this blog I thought I would picture having a dinner party with some of the inventory from my etsy.com shop. I could serve in unique, retro style.

I'd first offer my guests some appetizers from this tiered tray, and then pour them a before dinner cocktail in these great gambling themed rocks glasses.

And then I would bring my company into the dining room to a candle lit table with my best shabby-chic china to serve dinner.

After dinner I could serve coffee and cake with these atomic ranch style snack set.

And don't even get me started on the roasting pans, bowls and enamelware pots I could make the dinner in...ooh, another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment