From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Abbotstown with Joan

A large part of my days are spent in solitary pursuits: food shopping, writing, laundry, putting inventory on-line in my etsy shop, packing purchased items to be shipped off, housecleaning...you get the picture. And this is not a complaint, this suits me just fine. But it does make for a pleasant change of pace when I get to go with someone on one of my searches for inventory to a yard sale or church fundraiser. Pickin's more fun with a friend...I should make that into a bumper sticker.

Which means, I was more than happy when my Aunt Joan told me she'd found a few ads for church fundraisers north of us in the Abbotstown and Hanover areas, and would I like to check them out with her. So, right after the kids got on the bus Friday morning, I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed to her house - about 10-minutes from my own-- we jumped in her Yaris and made our way to the first sale, which was held in a picnic grove.

There were a lot of nice things, but many of them were priced too high for me to make any kind of profit. But I did find a couple cute items. My favorites are this owl coffee canister and a set of chenille bedspreads.

The next stop was a church fundraiser which had the opposite problems as the first, great prices but not much left on the tables. We didn't get there until 9:00 and the sale started at 7:00 - so it was picked pretty clean by the time we got there.









After a few more stops at a rummage sale (VERY picked over) and a yard sale (mostly newer plastic kid's toys), we went to a great book store/ cafe in Hanover - interestingly, also in an old church -- for lunch.

So Friday was both successful for my shop and I got the bonus of enjoying a morning out on a beautiful spring day in the company of my aunt, doing what seems to be in our blood.

twoblondsandavan.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment