From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

You Old Bag

Some times I feel a bit...well...old.

Especially this week when my son turned 16. How could my baby be 16?! We are going to get his driver's permit next week. Ahhh.

Or, when I'm introduced to my husband's colleague who reveals in the course of our conversation that he graduated college in 2001. Wasn't that, like, yesterday? I gasp. How is he a grown-up, accomplished professional-type guy and graduated in this millennium? I sound old even to myself.

But age has its advantages too. In my early forties vs. my early twenties, I don't wake up hung over after doing beer bongs in smelly frat house basements. I don't buy used-cars based solely on how cool they look and then continually find my cool ass stranded on the side of the road.

And I think I have a little more character than I did in my misspent youth. I don't even mind how my years have made smile lines (I like to refer to them as "smile lines" instead of crows feet) around my eyes (mostly, occasionally I panic a little as I scrape the bottom of my Oil of Olay bottle). I think this applies to well-made leather bags too.

Last week at my favorite thrift store I came across this vintage Coach lady's attache-shaped leather bag. I think it has gained character in its years, the leather buttery soft and supple. And a customer in New York City agreed with me, she bought it an hour after I put it on my site.
And this vintage Stone Mountain leather slouchy bag was in the same bin at the thrift store. It hasn't sold yet, but I'm not sure I'm disappointed about that - might need to keep it for myself.

In fact, I think I will wear my old bag with pride - along with my crows feet -- while I'm teaching my son to drive and telling him the story of how in my day I didn't even have a car but had to walk to school uphill, both ways.

1 comment:

  1. Or perhaps, whenever Now i'm shown my personal partner's coworker that reveals during the conversation that they finished school cambridge music bag in Beginning of 2001. Had not been which, similar to, recently? My spouse and i gasp. How's this individual any grown-up, attained professional-type man and managed to graduate in this century cambridge satchel pink? My partner and i sound aged even going to me personally.

    But get older have their advantages way too. Within my earlier fourties vs. my personal earlier early twenties, I can't awaken hung over following performing ale bongs inside odiferous frat property basements. I can't buy used-cars centered solely on how awesome they are and then continuously discover our cool ass stranded along the side of the trail cambridge satchel review.

    And I think I've a bit more personality compared to I did so during my misspent children's. I don't perhaps thoughts how our decades made look lines (I enjoy refer to them as "smile lines" as opposed to crows feet) about my personal eyes (largely, sometimes My partner and i panic somewhat as I scrape the bottom of my Oil associated with Olay container purple cambridge satchel). I do believe this is applicable to be able to well-made leather luggage too.

    ReplyDelete