From My Etsy Shop - Click on "hmmosko" to enter

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Pause...for Clause


Since opening my shop on etsy.com in July, it is rare for me to go more than a day or two without poking my head in a thrift store or tracking down a garage sale, but I have found myself thoroughly distracted lately by the holidays.

Plus, there are no more yard sales listed in the paper (too cold) and the Thrift stores are filled mostly with Christmas decorations (see the pictures of the strange 50% off Santa doing a split and the weird, scrunchy-faced one - they are hitting the bottom of the barrel at this point), so I have had my first moment to pause since starting my search for vintage things to sell online. Up until now, I've been so focused on hunting down stuff for the shop - it's rare that my kids don't come home from school to find me surrounded by vintage bedspreads, Pyrex bowls, old blenders -- so it feels weird not to be adding to my inventory.

But what I have discovered lately, to my surprise, is that all this hunting and picking over the last four months has allowed me to stock up the etsy shop enough that I can take a moment and still have a decent amount of sales, even if its been awhile since I added anything new.

Of course, that said, my plan is to get the house decorated, finish the shopping and bake the cookies so I can get back out there in the world to find the things people don't want anymore to sell it to the people that do...and you know there's going to be a lot of attics and closets cleaned out after the holidays to get rid of the old and make room for the new. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment